ICIC23 Conference Themes
1 Change management implementation: macro, meso and micro level
- What is the role of primary care in the implementation of integrated care?
- How can we reinforce the role of primary and community care as a key component of integrated care?
- How can structural reforms support multistakeholder and multilevel integrated care implementation?
- How can we enable health and social care integration in different contexts?
- What is the impact of decentralised and centralised care organisation – for example in the fragmentation of care, multilevel governance or freedom of choice?
- How can we ensure people’s engagement to work towards people as partners?
2 Person-centred care: focus on integration of goals and needs
- How can we implement goal-orientated care as an aspect of person centred care?
- What tools, skills and enablers do we need to design care plans based on their goals?
- How do the principles of integrated care support the respect and compliance with people’s goals and the engagement with their care partners and families?
- How do we shift the working environment from multidisciplinary dialogue to transdisciplinary teams?
- How can we enable case management and care coordination in all contexts?
- How can different financial options create an enabling environment to support case management, care coordination and goal-orientated care?
- How can digital innovation support personalised and goal-orientated care?
3 Collaboration : factor for successful implementation of integrated care
- How can we co-design care journeys that respond to people’s needs?
- How can we ensure integrated care transitions between organisations and care levels?
- How can we best support people in the community after discharge – including medication safety and follow-up by pharmacist?
- How can we integrate whole person perspective in the care plans – with special interest in mental health?
- How can we ensure we deliver care that includes the whole life journey from birth to end-of life and all the care needs from prevention to treatment, care and support?
- How can we co-design and agree on the ethical values and principles guiding shared decision-making processes?
- How can we ensure that continuous learning and evaluation are part of all the implementation processes?
4 Engaging everybody: caring neighbourhoods and compassionate communities
- How can we enable and support caring communities and neighbourhood to support people?
- Which initiatives ensure that people in need of care or assistance can live at home longer?
- How can we leverage the learning of the past few years and make positive changes sustainable?
- How can we ensure our care and support systems identify and reach people that most needs?
- How can the whole system support and enable the safeguard of the social determinants of health at the community level?
- How can we support people to have healthy, meaningful, creative and fulfilling lives?
5 Population health approach: leverage for integrated care
- How can we ensure risk assessment and stratification are included in all the population health approaches?
- How can national and regional care strategies and policies support population health approach?
- How can digital innovations such as digital care support plans enable improved population health approaches?
- How can we know our population better to adapt population health initiatives to the characteristics and needs of the local population?
- How can we collect and include data on a broader range of indicators including social care and support, psychological and mental needs among others, to identify the needs of the population to plan better support services?
- What are the training and education needs for better integrated care at all levels including population health management?
- How can we reach out to the more vulnerable groups to ensure an inclusive approach?