Emerging Researchers and Professionals in Integrated Care
Integrated care models aim to deliver tailored coordinated and linked care at system, service, and patient levels based on emerging research. The next generation of students, academics, researchers and practitioners are fundamental in shaping the integrated health and social care systems of tomorrow.
IFIC recognises the importance of interdisciplinary knowledge exchange, fostering connections and mentorships for emerging researchers and professionals in the field of integrated care. This is why IFIC supports the Emerging Researchers and Professionals in Integrated Care (ERPIC) network.
ERPIC is a unique international platform founded to connect emerging researchers and professionals and to provide interdisciplinary learning about the science and practice of integrated care, and opportunities to participate in networking and mentorships.
Our vision is to provide an international platform that brings emerging researchers and professionals together to advance the science, development, knowledge and adoption of integrated care research, policy and practice.
ERPIC aims to provide opportunities for emerging researchers and professionals to network, collaborate and engage in peer-to-peer relationships and/or mentorships, with the aim of advancing the field of integrated and person-centred care which can improve patient outcomes, experiences of care, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of care delivery and health systems, and the satisfaction of healthcare workforce (the Quadruple Aim).
ERPIC will achieve this by strengthening the presence of emerging professionals and researchers in the integrated care community and empower them to develop research skills and inter-professional competencies.
Who can join?
The target audience for ERPIC includes:
- Emerging researchers; including Masters and PhD students, post-doctorates and recent graduates working or interested in working in integrated care research (e.g. 0-3 years post-graduate)
- Professionals who have had 0-5 years working in industry.
- Join sub-groups based on your interests, to enhance opportunities for collaboration
- Access to exclusive IFIC resources and groups, such as Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Opportunities to collaborate with other emerging and senior researchers
- Networking and internship/job opportunities
- Mentorship with researchers and policy makers (including opportunities for peer-mentorship)
- Opportunities to attend study tours in different countries
- Participate in ERPIC activities at IFIC conferences
Benefits of joining
Joining ERPIC provides you with access to IFIC’s new platform dedicated to emerging researchers, professionals, and students, to share, support, collaborate and exchange knowledge in the field of integrated care. Other opportunities include:
- International knowledge exchange: