12th European Public Health Conference
Health is regarded more and more as a wide societal concern. The public health community has responded to this challenge by building bridges with professionals from other domains of society: food, transport, social services, environment, etc. Marseille has for centuries been one of gateways for people crossing the Mediterranean but, in recent years, that journey has been characterized by tragedies among those seeking a better livelihood in Europe. The Marseille conference offers an opportunity to build new bridges: of working together between the public health communities in Europe and Africa, seeking solutions to our shared challenges as inhabitants of a small planet now facing global threats, from climate change, emerging infections, and the global epidemic of non-communicable diseases.
The theme for the 12th EPH Conference is ‘Building bridges for solidarity and public health’. Plenary sessions are organized around the following themes:
- Building bridges migration in a planetary context.
- Solidarity for public health – integrating poverty, conflict and other threats to health.
- Building bridges between professions.
- New roles for public health practice.
- Building global bridges between public health communities.
Find out more information and register here