Bevan Commission International Conference 2018
The Bevan Commission provides independent, authoritative advice and guidance directly to the Minister for Health and Social Services (now Cabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing and Sport) on matters relating to health and healthcare in Wales.
Established in 2008 on the 60th anniversary of the founding of the National Health Service, the Commission’s aim is to provide advice more widely, making its expertise and advisory services accessible both within the United Kingdom and worldwide.
The Commission achieves this through extensive research and report publications to help in its ambitions of building effective healthcare services that meet the needs of Wales.
Since its formation, the Commission’s work has developed, adding significant value and impact to the work of the Welsh Government and the NHS in Wales.
The Commission, chaired by Profession Sir Mansel Aylward, draws its expertise from members based in Wales, the UK and internationally. Its global reach is demonstrated by the firm links it has with national governments, academia and national health systems in Australasia, Europe and North America.
The Conference offers ‘A Call to Arms’ – challenging current thinking and practice to find sustainable solutions for health and care fit for the future.
- To reflect upon the origins of the National Health Service.
- Share and debate the diversity of approaches across the UK and internationally.
- Consider a new Prudent Social Model of health and care as a way of thinking and doing things differently.
- Consider citizens ‘Rights and Responsibilities’ – health is everyone’s responsibility.
- Creating a climate to challenge and transform thinking and practice.
- Finding and adopting innovative solutions to meet future needs with key partners.
- Challenging health inequalities – finding practical actions for change.
- Identify leadership challenges and solutions to transformational change.
Find out more information here