Senior Associate, International Foundation for Integrated Care
This call is an invitation for expressions of interest to become a ‘Senior Associate’ of the International Foundation for Integrated Care (IFIC). In this role, you will support and grow the work of the Foundation internationally and become actively involved in IFIC’s education and training programmes, research projects, implementation support services, and other activities.
IFIC seeks to work with a number of Senior Associates with the right experience and expertise in integrated care in order to drive forward agreed lines of work. As part of your application, we would therefore ask you to identify specific topics and activities from IFIC’s current portfolio, which you would like to support. We particularly welcome applications from those individuals with whom we have worked with in the past. We also welcome suggestions on how to develop our portfolio further, to better address the needs of our network, partners and clients.
IFIC’s expectations of its Associates are:
- To work in partnership with IFIC to develop and promote its mission;
- To become part of a growing faculty of IFIC Associates supporting the delivery its range of integrated care programmes;
- To support and lead on the generation of new work;
- To represent the core values of IFIC in daily working life; and
- To be pro-active in supporting an Associates Network including attendance at conferences and engaging with IFIC alumni
As an IFIC associate, you will be tasked with developing and supporting lines of work with IFIC in partnership with the Chief Executive, the Directors, and the IFIC Board. There is no remuneration attached to being an IFIC Associate. However, it is intended that all IFIC Associates will be invited to become involved in generating new or existing paid work where there is justification and opportunity in so doing (e.g. in education and training activities). Any paid-for work would be subject to a separate agreement.
The duration of the IFIC Associate contract will usually be for three years and assessed annually. IFIC Associates will benefit from working in partnership with IFIC on core issues related to integrated care, and will be able to use IFIC’s status to support and promote their work.
If you are interested in becoming an IFIC Associate, please send your CV and a motivation letter outlining your possible contributions to IFIC by Friday 14th September to Georgina Ferrer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the International Foundation for Integrated Care
IFIC is a not-for-profit organisation incorporated as a Foundation (Stichting) in the Netherlands. IFIC’s mission is to cross organisational and professional boundaries to bring people to together to advance the science, knowledge and adoption of integrated care in policy and practice. IFIC seeks to achieve this through the development and exchange of ideas among academics, researchers, managers, clinicians, policy-makers and people who use services, alongside their carers and families throughout the world.
IFIC supports its mission through a number of interconnected work streams as follows:
- Journal: IFIC produced the International Journal for Integrated Care (IJIC) as an online, open-access, peer-reviewed scientific journal that publishes original articles in the field of integrated care on a continuous basis. In 2017 IJIC published over 163 articles, had 139,000 unique visitors and raised its impact factor to 2.230 (see: www.ijic.org)
- Conferences & Events: Since 2000, IFIC has hosted an annual International Conference on Integrated Care in Europe which is now attended by over 1000 delegates. The most recent conference was held in Utrecht, Netherlands, in May 2018 and the next will be in San Sabastian, Basque Country, Spain in April 2019. The Foundation also hosts other international congresses outside of Europe, including a 1st Asia-Pacific Congress in Brisbane, Australia, in November 2017.
- Research, Development and Technical Support: A key focus of IFIC is to act as a research hub in partnership with its members and external academic centres internationally. IFIC has been involved in several large EU-funded projects (including the EU project SUSTAIN) but also takes on smaller commissions, for example from the World Bank and World Health Organisation.
- Education and Training: IFIC’s Integrated Care Academy © has developed a range of educational programmes including webinars, masterclasses, workshops, summer schools, study tours, exchange programmes, fellowship schemes, and Masters-level courses which are offered to researchers, professionals and managers alike and which promote interdisciplinary collaboration. In 2018, IFIC launched ERIC to promote the skills of early researchers in integrated care.
- Knowledge Sharing: IFIC works with its members and partners to enable a strong network for disseminating and sharing information. This includes supporting its own website, producing newsletters, enabling webinars, and most recently investing in a knowledge centre supported by Integrated Care Search©, a dedicated search engine to access all scientific published material on different aspects of integrated care world-wide. IFIC has over 18,000 subscribers to its newsletters, and runs a vibrant social media campaign through Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. The Foundation’s network extends to more than 30 international knowledge partners and the recent creation of IFIC collaborative centres in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand and Scotland.
- Integrated Care Solutions © is a service that helps support IFIC’s international clients in the effective design and adoption of their integrated care programmes. We achieve this by bringing together the benefits of IFIC’s own content experts with our growing global network of members, associates and knowledge partners. By working with our clients to understand their aspirations for integrated care in their own context, Integrated Care Solutions© provides tailored support that help to advance strategic thinking and translating that into implementation, enabling sustainable service transformation at local, regional and national levels.
For more information about IFIC, and its various work streams, please visit our website which can be found at www.integratedcarefoundation.org
IFIC is an organisation committed to diversity and equal opportunities