For the first time since it joined the European Union, Croatia took over the presidency of the Council of the Union on 1 January 2020. During a six-month period, Croatia will lead the work of the Council, building co-operation and agreement between member states. With their slogan “A strong Europe in a world of challenges” the country wants to focus on sustainable development, a networked economy, safety and positioning Europe as a global leader.
With that said, we are delighted to announce that The 20th International Conference for Integrated Care has been accepted as one of the official events of the Croatian presidency of the EU.
The 20th International Conference on Integrated Care (ICIC20) will take place in Amadria Park Convention Centre, Šibenik, Croatia from 27-29 April 2020. The conference is a partnership with the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Croatia, the City of Zagreb, Health Center Zagreb – Centar, Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, University of Zagreb, Libertas International University and the Catholic University of Croatia . The conference attracts 1000 researchers, clinicians and managers from over 60 countries, who are engaged in the design and delivery of integrated health and social care.
The conference will build on themes from previous years and would like to include in this year’s programme papers that are focusing on the following areas:
- Meeting the challenges of integrated care in early development, childhood and transitional care in adolescents
- Integrated community care approaches for better management of diseases with a stigmatizing effect, including for example mental health and addiction issues
- Better managing the care of vulnerable populations including for example war veterans, and preventing isolation and loneliness
- Integrating survivorship, caring for carers, palliative and end-of-life care
- Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and digital tools in the people-centred integrated care
To Find out more & Register for the conference click here!