The National University of Singapore – which is the top ranked university in Asia – is recruiting full-time Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Full Professors for the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH). All positions are tenure-track (i.e. appointees are given fixed contracts for up to 7 years, with the goal of obtaining tenured appointments at the end of this period). In additional to an attractive salary and benefits package, new faculty members are eligible for a start-up grant to initiate their independent stream of research and subsidised university accommodation.
The positions are specifically for faculty to work in the Health Systems & Behavioral Sciences Domain of SSHPH. Researchers active in one or more of the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
• Health services research in primary care, health systems research, chronic disease management, novel care models and care integration in a background of a rapidly ageing population;
• Social and behavioral science research on factors affecting prevention, control and mitigation of chronic and acute communicable and non-communicable diseases in populations; and on development of innovative community and national strategies and interventions to impact on socio-behavioral and health outcomes;
• Economic analyses on improving the design, capacity, financing and cost-effectiveness of public health systems and health care systems;
• Comparative effectiveness analysis and health technology assessment;
• Telemedicine, including research in e-health, use of mobile devices, and large scale information system analysis;
• Implementation research and delivery system research in health care to accelerate the improvement of systems of care and practice.
a) Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline;
b) Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
c) Ability to work with culturally diverse populations;
d) Ability to generate and maintain an independent stream of research funding;
e) Track record of publishing in high-impact international peer-reviewed journals;
f) Experienced in independently leading research studies or a component within larger research programs (e.g. post-doctorial research)
g) Ability to teach public health courses.
Responsibilities include establishing an independent research agenda through extramural funding; developing collaborative, multidisciplinary research; curricula design and teaching; graduate student advising, and contributing to policy/community development in the field of public health.
To apply, please submit a cover letter specifying your research and/or teaching interests and experience, your curriculum vitae, names and contacts of 3 references, and a completed NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants form to:
Ms Low Pei Chin
Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
National University of Singapore
MD1, 12 Science Drive 2
#10-01, Singapore 117549
For more information on NUS please visit: www.nus.edu.sg. For more information about the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health please visit www.sph.nus.edu.sg.