VIGOUR effectively supports care authorities in progressing the transformation of their health and care systems to provide sustainable models for integrated care which will facilitate identification of good practice and scaling-up. This will be achieved through the delivery of an evidence based integrated care support programme. The programme is designed to understand and guide 15 care authorities through a staged process of analysis, advice on good practice and training in care system capacity and capability building and implementation approaches at the operational, organisational and strategic levels of stakeholders involved in different localities throughout Europe. In practice, care authorities will be supported in focussing their care integration ambitions and in operationally preparing the implementation of good practice suitably aligned to any prevailing local circumstances. Finally, they will be supported in rolling out these practices to at least one percent of their overall target population in the framework of local scaling-up projects as an integral part of project plans. Knowledge exchange and mutual learning throughout this process will be enhanced by a twinning scheme bringing together VIGOUR “pioneer” care authorities with “followers”. Further care authorities will benefit from the experiences gained by the VIGOUR participants throughout the staged scaling-up process in terms of dedicated webinar and podcast programmes.
- Assist the VIGOUR care authorities in the definition of a context-sensitive strategy for integrating current care practices
- Consolidate existing knowledge, guidance and tools on integrated care
- Provide targeted assistance to VIGOUR care authorities on operationally local scaling-up pilots
- Implement a twinning scheme bringing together VIGOUR pioneer care authorities with VIGOUR followers
- Implement local scaling-up pilots
- Implement a stakeholder oriented evaluation programme
- Implement sustainable project outcome exploitation measures